These morning sessions will enable children to learn the basic techniques of table tennis in the correct way, develop their skills and have fun.
Why Table Tennis?
- TT is one of the most played sports in the World
- 'Sport for life' - can be played at any age
- Life skills (concentration, numeracy, empathy, etc.) learnt through mental, technical and tactical discipline
- Improves school attendance (Greenhouse Sports Annual Review 2015/16)
- Helps develop better hand-eye-legs coordination
- Improves fitness while having fun
You will be taught by highly experienced and UKCC qualified coaches.
Our head coach, Zoltan Hosszu, a UKCC Level-3 Table Tennis Coach, skilled player, and Bachelor of Sports and Exercise Science. Zoltan has 15 years of experience in developing players and transforming table tennis clubs across the UK.
Zoltan has worked for some of London’s biggest table tennis clubs including his own club, Woodford Table Tennis School, worked with a range of players from complete beginners to England squad players, and has managed numerous junior and senior teams.
What we do on the sessions:
- Learn the rules of the game
- Develop the basic motor skills through fun games
- Improve footwork, balance and coordination through table tennis specific, game-based exercises
- More advanced shots (serves, spins, smashes) and tactics
- How to play with confidence and as part of the team
- Good sportsmanship
- Lessons will be held at St. Aubyn's School, Bunces Lane, Woodford Green, Essex IG8 9DU.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday mornings 8-8.40 am
Price for the Autumn term 22/23
- One day/week: £70/term
- Two days/week: £120/term
- Three days/week: £170/term